Krishnaa Human Initiatives (KHI), a Citizen Sector Organization organized a seminar in Kolkata on “The Significance of Natural Resource Management in Rural Development”. Eminent speakers from relevant fields including dignitaries from Khadi & Village Industries Commission, Jadavpur University, Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Ramakrishna Mission, Vivekananda Institute of Bio-technology, Exide Industries etc. participated in the discussion.
Prof. Bikash Chandra Sinha, Padma Bhusan, presently the Homi Bhabha Chair Professor at Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre graced the occasion as the Chief Guest Speaker of the seminar. Shri Sailesh Kumar Bandyopadhyay, Padma Bhusan, Member of Khadi & Village Industries Commission presided over the function.
Eminent personalities like Dr. Dinesh Srivastava, Distinguished Scientist, Head, Physics Group of Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre , Shri K.D. Kamble, Dy. CEO, KVIC and Shri Asok Ghosh, Registrar of Societies graced the seminar.
The Panel of speakers includes:
- Prof Bikash Chandra Sinha, Padma Bhusan, Homi Bhaba Chair Professor at Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre
- Dr. M.K. Das, Head, Regional Centre, BRIT, Radiopharmaceuticals Lab, Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre
- Dr. Bed Prakash SyamRoy, Former Spl Officer & Ex-Officio Spl Secretary, Development & Planning Dept, Govt. of West Bengal
- Dr. B. K. Datta, Director, Vivekananda Institute of Bio-technology, Ramakrishna Ashram, Nimpith
- Mr. Sudipto Roy, Chief Public Relations Officer, Exide Industries
- Swami Tattwajnanananda, Principal, Ramakrishna Mission Shilpamandira, Belur
- Prof Ratan Lal Brahmachary, Former Professor & Head, Embryology Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta
- Mr. Salman Zafar, Renewable Energy Advisor
There were participation in the seminar from reputed NGOs like, Chandrakanta Lalitmohan Resham Khadi Samity, Bharat Khadi Sevak Sangha, Jhargram Khadi & V.I. Association, Sundarban Khadi & Village Industrial Society, Joygopalpur Youth Development Centre, Kasturba Gandhi National Memorial Trust, Murshidabad Khadi Gramadyog Samity, Purusattam Resham Khadi Samity, All Bengal Publishers Association, Ananda Ashram Sarada Vidyapith etc.
Eminent social activist of Sandeshkhali Shri Nirapada Sardar conveying his good wishes to Krishnaa Human Initiatives. Shri Sardar was elected to the West Bengal Legislative Assembly from Sandeshkhali assembly constituency in 2011